Monday, August 16, 2010

32 years ago today!

32 years ago today Alan and I were Married in the Salt Lake Temple. It was the best decision I made in my life! This is a great day and I love my husband dearly! While in Utah, my oldest asked me this question - "So if you had to do it all over again, would you still marry Dad?" to which I immediately and without hesitation answered "Absolutely!"

Sometimes I think of how young I was when I got married and how lucky I am that I married such an amazing man, that I never had to worry about whether he had a testimony of the Gospel, whether he was going to be active, whether he was going to be a good father, or whether he would honor his priesthood, whether I could count on him, or whether he would always work hard to provide for his family......I could go on and on but you get the idea. I am very blessed. And now I am going to copy from one of my friends blog. On her anniversary she listed interesting little facts about them since they had been married, and I hope she won't mind.....but I loved how she told us all about her life with her husband.


In 32 yrs of marriage we:

1. Were married in the Salt Lake City Temple.

2. Have 3 beautiful daughters and 1 amazing son-in-law.

3. We both attended BYU, Alan graduated from WSU (Wichita State University)

4. We have lived in the following areas:


  • Provo, Utah

  • Wichita, Kansas

  • Murray, Utah

  • Wichita, Kansas

  • Atlanta, Georgia

  • and Fort Worth, Texas.

5. We have Owned 3 homes:



  • Murray, Utah

  • Wichita, Kansas

  • Fort Worth, Texas

6. We have traveled to the following places for Vacations, Family Reunions, Family weddings, work conferences etc.:


  • Montreal Canada

  • New Orleans, La.

  • Denver, Colorado

  • Chicago, Illinois

  • when we didn't live in Texas - Dallas, Texas

  • Tampa, Florida

  • Washington DC

  • Portland Oregon

  • Fresno, California

  • Los Angeles, California

  • Preston, Idaho

  • Boise, Idaho

  • Idaho Falls, Idaho

  • Twin Falls, Idaho

  • Sun Valley, Idaho

  • Porto Rico

  • Snowbird, Utah

  • Park City, Utah

  • Las Vegas, Nevada

  • Disney World

  • Disney Land

  • Somewhere in Oklahoma for dirt bike motorcycle races

  • Orlando, Florida

  • San Antonio, Texas

  • Price, Utah

  • Moab, Utah

  • Ogdon, Utah

  • Salt Lake City, Utah;

  • All the Church History sites in Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Illinois, Nebraska, etc...

  • Abilene, Kansas

  • Hutchinson, Kansas

  • Tulsa, Oklahoma

  • Vail, Colorado

  • Aspen, Colorado

  • Branson, Mo.

  • Silver Dollar City

  • Table Rock Lake, Mo.

  • Kansas City, Kansas

  • Kansas City, Mo.

  • Nashville, TN.

  • and many other places that I can't remember

7. We have been inside the following temples:


  • Salt Lake City Temple

  • Dallas Texas Temple

  • Manti Utah Temple

  • Jordan River Temple

  • Mount Timpinogas Temple

  • Nauvoo Temple

  • Boise Idaho Temple

  • Idaho Falls Temple

  • Provo Utah Temple

  • Ogden Utah Temple

  • Logan Utah Temple

  • Washington DC Temple

  • Portland Oregon Temple

  • Bountiful Utah Temple

  • Orlando Florida Temple

  • San Diego California Temple

  • Atlanta Georgia Temple

  • Nashville Tennessee Temple

  • San Antonio Texas Temple

8. And my husband is my best friend and hero always! The love of my life! And I am grateful that he loves me in spite of my short comings and flaws! Thanks my sweet man for all you bring to my life!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Ramona Zabriskie said...

LOIS! Send me your picture (newly wed or today or both) and let me post it on Mona's Musings on Facebook as a "Real Romance"! right away! pllllleeease. AND CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!