Monday, August 9, 2010

New Calling at Church/Return Missionary

Sunday I met with the Bishop before church and whenever the Bishop wants to meet with you you know something is changing! I don't think I'm breaking any confidences when I tell you that he told me that they really had to pray and pray hard about changing me from the RS Presidency because the RS meetings have been so good and we are on a roll and they hate to upset that basket. But they also have been praying really hard as to who should be the new Gospel Doctrine teacher in Sunday School......so you guessed it I'm the Gospel Doctrine teacher!!! I have always looked up to those who teach Gospel Doctrine and teach it well. I feel like this is a calling that you really have to study and know your scriptures and your "stuff" so I'm a little intimidated because I have taught early-morning seminary (youth), primary (children), and RS (Women), but I don't think I have taught in front of men so maybe the mixed crowd is what is intimidating.....but I look forward to the challenge and have faith that Heavenly Father will help me in this new endeavor!

Sunday, in Sacrament meeting a newly return missionary spoke in our Ward who just happened to be one of my former seminary students! He gave an amazing talk and had some really profound insights that he learned on his mission. It was amazing to see the growth. And made me remember wonderful times in Early-morning Seminary! Thanks MW!

2 comments:

Anne Marie's Blog said...

Congrats on the new calling Mom!

Cathy said...

You will enjoy teaching Gospel Doctrine - it's a lot of fun. I incorporated some of my seminary material in the lessons. The caution is to get the class participating as much as possible; I have attended too many gospel doctrine classes where the teacher lectures.

Congratulations! You're going from strength to strength. ... And you have a great excuse to browse Deseret Book while you are in Utah for Education Week at BYU!