Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Eve.....the morning

I hate to start this post this way, but I almost died Christmas Eve morning! Since that is the scary way my day started, I decided to start my post this way.

Because of watching my sick nephew while my brother was out of town, I caught the same cold, cough etc... that he had, however because of working, trying to get everything ready for Christmas before leaving for the wedding as there would be no time for anything after because of travel and because of traveling......I must have gotten too run down and my "cold" became severe bronchitis and sinus infection.

After traveling all night/morning Friday we got to my Sister's home about 4:00 am and brought all our stuff in from the car and went right to bed. I was coughing so much that I decided I needed to sleep sitting up and did so until about 8:00 in the morning at which time I felt better than I had in days and didn't really need to cough etc.... so I laid down on the bed.... about 45 minutes later my eyes fly open and I cannot breath, I cannot swallow, I cannot cough, I cannot catch or take a breath of any kind. Well, Alan was still in Kansas getting ready to leave for Texas. And my sister and her husband were downstairs and even though I was trying to get out the bedroom door and down the stairs I was in a panic and not getting very far......luckily my brother-in-law heard me gasping and floundering around and told my sister that it sounds like Lois is dying! So she ran up and started to call an ambulance but I didn't want that so we went to an Emergency type facility. When they saw my oxygen level they rushed me into a breathing treatment kind of a thing, gave me a shot, and then checked me out when everything had calmed down.

I won't lie, I really did think I was going to die and that would not have necessarily been a bad thing, but all I could think was how much Aileen needed me and how much I would miss my husband and children! I don't think it was my time yet there is still so much I need to do. I definitely think I should get to be a grandma before I die!!!!

So I was given some very strong medicines and told to take it easy.......so much for helping Elizabeth prepare for dinner!!!! I added to her stress taking her away from getting everything ready but she was a good sport about it and definitely nobody wanted me helping in the kitchen!!!

But when everyone arrived for Christmas eve, dinner was ready, Christmas presents were wrapped and the Christmas story from the scriptures was ready to be told and it was perfect in every way!

Since my house is not really decorated I did enjoy walking into Elixabeth's home Friday morning after traveling and seeing her home all decorated. I didn't take pictures of everything...but it was definitely beautiful!




No comments: