Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Finally in the Christmas spirit......

I know, I Know its after Christmas but this post should have happened right before Christmas and I am catching up!

I finally felt like Christmas was here and that I was ready (even though I had done very little) smiling and singing Christmas Carols - in past years we have a family that always comes and Carols us, and it would not have been the same if they had not stopped by and Caroled. I thought they came because of my Dad, but my Dad is gone and they still came!!! Oh, what fun that was! Thank you Willden's for starting me to feel the spirit of the season!

Then our Ward Christmas Party happened and I was asked to play my violin......to which I would usually say no because I don't have enough time to practice and get it up to snuff! But this year I felt that I had to say yes, even if I did something very simple, in honor of my mother!!! So I did and even though not perfect it was acceptable and I was happy! Then my Dad was in charge of getting a High Priest number so he asked me to sing - I sang a song that my Mom use to always play for me and is my favorite Christmas song......."Birthday of a King". So that was a good memory and did much to get me in the Christmas spirit!

Also, about this time my Brother had to go out of Town and my Nephew Tytan, was sick and needed someone to watch him so I was able to watch him and hug and love on him and that did much to help me remember that even though my girls are gone I can still mother!!!!

A house that is in our neighborhood goes crazy all out with lights and decorations in their yard. I don't think the picture shows really how crammed pack it is with Christmas lights but it gives you the idea.....every time I drive by, and I drive by on purpose, it makes me smile and remember what time of year it is.


I never have cash on hand. I mean with that cute little debit card.....who needs cash. but at two different times I had cash on hand and able to help a homeless man by giving him some money and a woman who had run out of gas by giving her some change I had on me!

All of these things helped me remember the reason for this wonderful season and helped me to stop feeling bad that my girls would not be home with me this season!!! I am so grateful to my Savior and all that he does for me and my family! For the life that he led, for the example he is to all of us. And that he willing gave his life for all of us that we can return to be with him and our Heavenly Father someday!

No comments: