Monday, December 6, 2010

Esther and Daniel visit my Gospel Doctrine Class

Sunday in my Gospel Doctrine Sunday School class I had two very special visitors - Daniel and Esther who shared their experiences in having to stand up for what they believed to remember who their God was and then to accept whatever consequences came. For they new that their God could save them, but if not they would still not back down.


Many comments afterwards were like:

"I've never had visitors like that in a class before, but you really felt as if they were really Esther and Daniel and felt their stories in a way never experienced before".

"You absolutely picked the right two people to do this, it was great".

"We should have visitors more often because that is what brings the scriptures to life".






and these are adults not youth speaking about how much they loved this experience! It was a powerful lesson and I am so grateful for the help of one of my Seminary students and my dear friend.




Daniel (Ben Hepworth) received his mission call Friday and I was the 3rd phone call (I love that I was on the list) he will be going April 6, 2011 to Portugal. He will be an excellent missionary.



Esther (Rebecca Albright) besides being beautiful inside and out, is the mother of this great missionary spoken of in the paragraph before and also already has a son out in the mission field who is doing an awesome job representing Jesus Christ. So she will have two sons serving at the same time and is the proud mother of two wonderful missionaries!

For me it was a great moment in time - a very moving and spiritual experience in Sunday School!

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

This is great, Lois. I wish I would've thought of this for our lesson with the youth yesterday. Any great ideas for next week? ;)