Sunday, June 10, 2012

Friendship, Friendship, it's a perfect blendship......

I love my friends and feel very fortunate to have so many in all the different places that we have lived and from where I grew up!!  I have 2 high school friends that we still get together when we can and keep track of each other via phone, email, facebook etc...  I also have college room mates that I still have contact with and have gotten together for lunches, and I was so excited when I saw them because they came to Allison's Utah Wedding Reception!  I have friends that I was able to meet up with at BYU Graduation, I have many friends that on the day that we had 15 tornado's in one day in the Ft.Worth/Dallas area called to see if we were o.k.  Some of most precious friends are my Seminary students that I taught while they were in High School and now they are married with families of their own!!  I have friends that I consider as dear to me as my own siblings and my children call them Aunt & Uncle.  I have friends who when they had babies, had their babies call me Auntie Lois, a title that I do not take lightly.  I of course consider my family some of my dearest friends. I could go on and on, so I won't, I will get to my point.  But we all know that nothing takes the place of the friends that you have close by and in person right now, right where you are in your life, and right where you live.  When I first moved to Texas, one of the first friends I made was with the sun shiniest happiest person you could ever meet!  Rebecca Albright............and all those who know her, know exactly what I am talking about!!

Recently her son got married see this post and I volunteered to help in anyway that I could to help make her Son's Wedding Open House wonderful!  The main thing I offered was to be the girl in the kitchen that kept things filled, and going throughout the night so she and her mother didn't have to worry and #1 dish washer and cleaner uper, but I also helped decorated and blow up some beautiful pictures that MaryAnn Stephens took at the Temple the day they were married!!

It's so hard to do nice things for her because I always feel like I am the one receiving and never the friend that is giving......and one of those reasons is because she always does something wonderful for you the minute you do anything nice for her at all, so you never feel like you have really made the wonderful sacrifice of service that friends do for each other!!  I hope when I grow up I am more like her.....

Point in case:  Here is the beautiful necklace that she gave to me with the fun thank you card for helping with the Wedding Open House!!  I love it, I adore it, I will be honored to wear it, and it will always have special meaning behind it for me!!  When I first saw it I thought, "Oh, those are my 3 peas in a pod - AnneMarie, Aileen, and Allison" then another one of our friends that got one said she will always think of Rebecca as a "Sweet Pea" and I loved that as well.....because she is!!  And because MaryAnn Stephens and I were Rebecca's VT for a long time I also think of it as MaryAnn, Rebecca, and Lois!! 




Anyway.....I love my dear friend, we even worked together in an office setting for 5 years and are still amazing good friends, that will test a friendship if anything will.............and I do believe we have the perfect blendship........we both know that we would be there for each other and that is all you can ever ask for!!  Thank You Rebecca!!  Love you!!

No comments: