Tuesday, June 12, 2012

What a difference a few rugs make!!!

So, I know that I have owned this home for 2 yrs now, and I didn't really think it mattered that I couldn't find the rugs I wanted to go in the home to compliment things....but guess what?  I can't believe how much homier our home feels now, and how much more I love my home now when I walk into it, and I feel that even though it took awhile I'm glad that I got the perfect rugs finally!!

Even Alan, who you know is a man, so they don't always appreciate that you need to have things like rugs in a home, said, "It really does make a difference in the feel of our home".  And how nice it is that I was able to get them right before our Memorial Day Weekend company!!

 love how it matches the drapes that my Mom made, and how it keeps that country antique feel that my home has.


The importance of these kitchen rugs is...... With Alan being unemployed we have not been able to update the kitchen floor as we had hoped as soon as we had hoped.....and these floors have dents, tears, holes in the linoleum that everyone says that they cannot see......but I think they are being kind, because no matter how much you scrub a floor a tears and holes do not go away, and to me it looks like they are always dirty, even when not...... so I love that these additions make me not mind the kitchen floor so much....and everything just flows from the living room, to the dining area, to the kitchen area and even though not exactly the same.....they blend and flow!!  Gotta love that!!

Happy birthday to me!!

No comments: