Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Birthday to me!!

Oh, it was a great birthday!! Thanks to everyone who made it so special.  I think this was the best one yet....and I think I say that every year....but hey when you are 53, that's saying something!!

Things important to tell you about that are not pictured:
My Mother-in-law always sends the most awesome cards that I know she spends hours over so they say just the right thing and the traditional $50.00.  Not going to lie I always look forward to that.  Alan took me out on a date for dinner and a movie and that is one of my most favorite things to do so I loved that!! 

I loved all the happy birthday posts from facebook friends....I know I'm silly that way but I do love them.  My sister Elizabeth and her husband bought me some Kindle books which I was really excited about and have read already -- yes all of them by the time I am making this post!  My sister-in-law MaryAnn sent me a beautiful card that I love the sentiment behind and meant a great deal to get.  My previous boss here in Texas, Karen Vanderwerken, has remembered my birthday ever since my Mom has died with some really cute and clever card and that means a lot to me. She was/is always very thoughtful with things like that.  My friend Bessie Treber(who I was also her Counselor when she was RS President) sent me a great card and Sister Betts called to wish me a happy birthday!  All of these things were so surprising and so very much appreciated!!

Now for the pictorial part of my birthday gifts!!


Barbara and Dad called me on my cell phone and sang Happy Birthday to me then brought me over cake and ice cream and a neat card (cake is in the red container).  My Visiting Teachers came over and brought me the beautiful plant/flowers and Central Market chocolate, chocolate chip cookies!  They were melt in your mouth good!!  I did share, but it was a close thing!!


From the Doctor and his wife I got this Pandora type necklace from Brighton's which I love especially the charms they picked out for me.  My initial, a musical note that says I love music, and a cell phone!!  It will be fun if others (meaning my husband) add to it on other occasions!!  I bet they have a car.....for my car accident and getting a new car!! lol!  Cute birthday card and packaging!

And they got me a cupcake!!

And the best present of all is that my children called and wished me a happy day!!  It definitely was!!

No comments: