Friday, January 25, 2013

Aileen is an aunt .....

Aileen is an aunt and she would like to tell you all about it!!!

Monday morning my Mom and Dad got me up and kept me home from Day Care so that we could drive up to Longview, Texas and see my niece be born.  My Sister Allison's due date was Sunday, January 20th, and since it hadn't come before today, they scheduled Allison being induced at 5:00 am at the Good Shepherd Hospital in Longview, Texas.



 We drove up and got there around lunch time, and Mom and Dad knew that I would be happier waiting in the labor and delivery waiting room if I had lunch.....so we stopped at McDonalds my favorite place and got lunch before going to the Hospital.

 
 About 1:00 pm we went to find out what room Allison and John were in so we could be waiting to hear about the baby at the right place. Allison let us come and visit her in the room while she was hooked up to all the monitors and while she was feeling some labor pains......


Dad bought Allison flowers - her favorite and made sure they were pink!!

Then we went back out to the waiting area and waited and waited and waited for what seemed like eternity!! My Dad took me for a drive and got me some dinner while Mom stayed close by Allison "just in case".

 
 

 John's parents the Rex's were there too and we had fun visiting. Then Aunt Elizabeth came up and was probably the smartest of us all because she got there in the evening time and didn't have to wait too long before we got the news that she was pushing...

 
Then we heard that Charlotte Elizabeth Rex was born and that she weighed 7 lbs 3 ozs, and 19 inches long. We were all so anxious to see and hold her.

The proud Dad

My beautiful niece....


Me and Charlotte

Grandma and Grandpa Rex - so excited!!

My Dad is loving being a Grandpa!

My Mom is thrilled!!

Aunt Elizabeth is crying because she just found out that they named Charlotte after her...
her middle name is Elizabeth.

I'm getting to hold my niece again....

The parents love her so much!!

and I think Great Aunt Elizabeth and Charlotte are going to have
a special connection.....don't you??
 

No comments: