Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas Update.....Sunday 12-23-12

Sunday, was our Christmas program and I was singing with the choir, plus I had a solo of "O Holy Night" and I woke up with a soar throat. I'm telling you it never fails when I'm supposed to sing, no matter how hard I work at staying well and practicing its always worrisome. But I had a Priesthood blessing by Alan, and I read in the scriptures for my lesson that day in Gospel Doctrine that if you pray with real intent with faith you can have peace. And as I went up to sing my Solo I did have peace and it went well.....I'm not going to lie, I always think I could have done better, but I was happy with it and I know it sounded good. I got many compliments and my son-in-law was impressed, so really I was happy. Sometimes I wish I was in my 20 or 30's again, but I'm not. I could really sing then. Oh, those were the days....

Funny story....as I was singing and looking out at the audience one of the ladies in the congregation was saying every word along with me like she was singing along....so I stopped looking at her so it wouldn't throw me off....then when I was finished my Dad gives me a big smile and the thumbs up sign right in the middle of church....I smiled but it almost made me laugh out loud, too cute.  I guess I love that my Dad loves to hear me sing!!

This is how my Dad looked giving me the thumbs up in Sacrament Meeting
Even though this is obviously not Church!!
 
Sunday my table looked so Christmasy and I got to use my new gift to myself my plate chargers and it really did make the table more festive! I should have gotten them for the RS Christmas dinner, but oh, well. We had roast and potatoes and carrots etc... and it was a good roast!! That night we played cards for a while then we got out the Monopoly board. We had never played this with John, and Allison said she had never played with us either.....it was interesting dynamics watching Alan and John barter and make deals one with another. We had fun!!


Playing Monopoly together for the first time.... I think we were down to
just Dad and John.....and John won!!

Another interesting part of this day, in my lesson in the scriptures it asks if there are still miracles, to which we know, yes there are.....and today was two examples of this.  First with being able to sing even though a very soar throat, but in trying to get everyone where everyone had to be - Alan at work, me early for choir practice and everyone else coming later, John had given me his car keys so I could drive their car.....but we forgot that I needed to give him my keys so they all could come later..... I'm in the middle of choir practice when up walks Anita Williams handing me her cell phone saying Allison needs to speak to me.....first off, I left my cell phone at home and I never leave my cell phone behind, 2nd off, how did Allison even think to try to call people from my cell phone that might be at church, and what are the odds of one of those people actually having their cell on during church and answering it.....but all of those things happened where in enough time Allison could tell me that they needed keys to the car, then for Anita to offer to take them to the kids, and then for everyone to make it to church in time and me still being able to run through my Solo beforehand.....that is a miracle right there folks!!  Heavenly Father, our Savior and the Holy Ghost are ever mindful of us and ever watching and always ready to help us when we need it!!

No comments: