Monday, December 9, 2013

Black Friday.....

I don't even want to get started on how black Friday started on Thanksgiving Day this year....I have never been a big shopper on black Friday, we usually go bowling!!  And even though Alan had to work Black Friday the rest of us went bowling for our family activity that Day!!











After bowling we went by Barnes N Noble to see if we could catch Dad in time for Lunch, but Alan had already eaten by the time we got there, so the rest of us at in the Deli, which is really good btw, and really really good because of Alan's discount lol!! then we split up to do just a little shopping!  Allison and John wanted to see what Target had and I really didn't have any intention of going shopping but since Old Navy was in the same parking lot as Barnes N Noble, I thought "hey, everything is 50% off, I should buy the kids Christmas PJ's I buy every year while they are on sale"  So, Aileen and I headed to Old Navy and the kids to Target.

After I finally found the sizes (which was a process of its own) I went to get in line and of course it was long, long, long, but after struggling to get everything I didn't want to back down and just leave, so we waited in line and it was hot in the store with our winter stuff on, which I did take Aileen's off, but she was still perspiring and she started getting loud and irritated and agitated and I was about to say "just bag it" when a teenager looked at her Mom and said, "would you like to get in front of us" now they were much, much closer to the register than I was, and I didn't hesitate, and told her thank you profusely!  And then another young man (late 20's maybe) with his family looked at everyone between him and I and said, "you don't mind if we let her in front do you?" and no one said anything so I went right to the register!  I don't think I have had anything that kind happen in a long time....and I am grateful beyond words because Aileen had had it and she was about to make a scene...but we got out of there in the nick of time!! I promise Old Navy Shoppers, I will not do that again!!  WHAT WAS I THINKING!  Black Friday shopping is not on Aileen's agenda!!

Aileen had Respite care that night, so Alan and I went to John and Allison's and watched the first "Lord of the Rings" because John could not believe that we have not seen any of the LOTR's movies!!  So in preparation of the new "Hobbit" movie coming out we have to watch all of them!  We did enjoy it and we will be watching the other 2 shortly!!  It was nice of the kids to invite use over to watch it and want to keep spending time with us!!

No comments: