Monday, December 9, 2013

Thanksgiving Dinner!!

Because I was running the 5K this year and because this was our holiday with the kids I wanted to be able to enjoy this years dinner too....so I ordered Boston Markets Thanksgiving dinner and it was really yummy and easy and yes, there was some preparation needed about 2 hrs worth but then it was ready and viola!  Dinner was ready and everyone enjoyed!  Including Mom!  I also ordered pies from my friend Caitlin who is a great baker, and is also trying to help pay for all the airplane tickets they are having to buy for interviews for Residency as he is in 4th yr Medical School!  I got Banana cream pie, pumpkin pie, and a pumpkin roll!  They were so, so,so good, plus Barnes and Noble was selling "Cheese Cake Factory" cheese cake, and with Alan's employee discount we could get one of those for a great price and we got the peppermint bark one --- ohhh it was so good!  And we had all decided that for the weekend we were not going to freak out about eating treats......funny enough we did eat the pies and cheese cake and candies etc... but we were done and ready to get back to eating good and healthily once the weekend was over!!




So glad the George and Logan would come and eat Thanksgiving with us!  I felt bad because I didn't have sweet potatoes for George!  I forgot he liked them and nobody else really likes them in our family except me...so I didn't get those!  Ooops!  He forgave me though!  We sent him home with turkey and cranberry relish for sandwiches and some peppermint bark cheesecake!  Not a bad deal!!


 I don't think my dad understands yet, and I am trying to explain, but now that we have a grandchild,  It's important to have the Alan Brown family traditions and not necessarily the Dean and Barbara Clay traditions!!  I cannot tell you the feeling I felt when I saw my granddaughter sitting in her high chair at my table for Thanksgiving!  It almost brought tears to my eyes!!  We are making memories for Charlotte now!! I love being a grandma!!

 
 

Later that evening, we were planning on going to Aunt Beverly's to see all the family there, but we found out that Dad was sick and he and Barbara were at home, so we went to Dad's so Charlotte could visit Grandpa great and Grandma great!  I'm sad that he was sick on the holiday and grateful to Barbara and Dad for watching Aileen for us while we ran the race! Then we picked her up to have breakfast with us all at IHOP!
 
 

 


 
We all missed Anne Marie so much....but we couldn't fly her here because she had to work Friday after thanksgiving! Life in the medical field is hard sometimes, especially when you work at a hospital.  But thank you sweetie for taking such good care of patients!

It was a great day, there was a 5K, football watching, family, card games, and many blessings!!

No comments: