Friday, July 17, 2009

New Hair......

So, Lois has a new hairdo...whoohoo! I was very excited but also very scared to try a new modern hairstyle. I am one of those people that when she finds something she likes she sticks with it.....even if it was from the era before. As far as hair goes, I'm usually one decade behind......I finally get brave enough to try something that everyone has already been doing about the time that a new style comes out and everyone is doing something different.

My sister and Allison are fed up with me getting a perm and wearing my hair in a bob.....oh, you say, I didn't know it was a bob, well that would be because I needed to get it cut 2 months ago....I've been a little busy financially and mentally....but that is for another discussion. So I was getting ready to go get a perm so that it wouldn't be brand new for the wedding, but still good enough to be able to fix my hair the way I wanted to..... but my sister says, I would like for you to try my hair dresser, my treat! Wow, what a gift!!!!! The thing I didn't realize and now I am very happy about, is that whoever is paying gets to decide how the hair is cut and styled. So I was told NO PERM!!!!!

Well, as you can see, I got the royal treatment. I got my hair cleansed (I think that is what she called it), then cut, then colored, then shown how to fix it......then I had to fix it myself, so that they knew that I would be able to do it....

This really was out of my comfort zone....I felt so stupid for just a minute when I struggled to fix my own hair by blow drying it and then they actually expected me to touch it and play with it and then have it look good....ha! And believe it or not....it did!


The hair stylist, Stephanie, that taught me how...and look how good I did! lol!

My sister also made sure I had all the hair supplies to be able to keep fixing it this way.....I think I did in deed get the Royal treatment and now I look like an in style mother of the bride and not the grandma!!!!!

The funnest thing that happened is when I came home Alan loved it and said...."Wow you have a Meg Ryan thing going on here" and I have always loved her hair when it was short and messy...so to me there was no better compliment!


Yes, me and Meg Ryan! Honey I love you!

Thank you sis, and I probably need to thank Allison too for confiding in my sister that I needed a new updated look for the wedding.....because I know she knows I would have never spent money on me right now, when there are so many other wedding things to worry about!!!!!


The two master minds who plotted this all out!!!!!

I am blessed with a very thoughtful sister!

7 comments:

Anne Marie's Blog said...

I love it! :)

Ashlee said...

Cute Cute!! I love it..and that is coming from another "cosmetologist"!

newsinaminute said...

too cute! I love it--best of luck with everything on the fifteen its coming up--we'll try our level best to come to thanksgiving point-got to iron out just one more conflict--but oh the announcement was oh so cute--and so was the new do!!! lookin' GOOD!!! I'm motivated to do the same--

Katelyn said...

It looks so good! I, just like everyone else, absolutely love it :)

Lois Brown said...

Thanks everyone, I'm really having fun with it! I can't believe I fought changing my hair for so long!!!! ha!

K said...

Love it!!!! Can't wait to see it in person.

Unknown said...

CUTE HAIR! LOVE IT!