Friday, July 3, 2009

No, I'm not dead, but yes I haven't blogged in a while....

I have had several people comment that they have missed my blogging! You don't know how nice that was to hear....I have missed it as well and catching up with everyone elses blog....but I have been very busy and a little overwhelmed with all the wedding stuff! I'm sure you all guessed that. Allison has been gone to San Antonio for another session of EFY and it has taken me all week to get to the point where I felt I could and had time to blog!

Not that Allison adds stress, but when she is here because time is limited we always have a big agenda of things to get done.

I need to buy sparklers for the wedding reception.....any ideas....I haven't even seen a fireworks display of items for sale....crazy!

The biggest accomplishment this week and the one thing that finally makes the wedding real is..... we have mailed out the invitations! And I love hearing how everyone loves it. We think it turned out amazing....and thanks to my friend MA's brother we got a whopper of a deal and they look fabulous! Of course we had a fabulous photographer too....or the pictures wouldn't be so great!

Everything is planned now........all I have to do is finish paying for it and it should all come together just like we dreamed!

The only downer is.....that Allison comes home from EFY tomorrow, then she leaves for Utah to be with John and I won't see her again until just before the wedding....and then she will be married! wow! Then she won't be our little girl who needs us anymore! Although I have to be honest all summer we have felt this a little bit anyway. She really only needs John and that is very appropriate....but hard for a mother to take a new role.

But we are very excited for her and think she is marrying the perfect person for her!

4 comments:

The Jacobson Family said...

I LOVE the announcement!! So cute! The red is my favorite....does she have a certain color scheme she is doing? Can't wait to see your family In August!

Cheree said...

The annoucement is really great! Looks like you've been busy - but nice to hear about the updates. I'm sure it'll be a beautiful wedding. Can't wait to see the pictures and read all about it! :-)

Ashley said...

head up 35 past Burleson and there's several. Just watch for the signs. The invites are beautiful, thanks for including me!

Melissa Zuber said...

Congrats on the upcoming wedding that is fantastic! i just found out that you can comment on blogs and saw that you left a couple of comments. Hope all is going well and stress isn't too bad.