Saturday, October 3, 2009

Ahhhh Seminary......

Last night I went to the Dallas Temple to be with and watch another one of my Seminary students take out his endowments and get ready to leave on a mission! I love love love that he called and made sure I new about the time and date personally....even though a general announcement had been made and I was not the last seminary teacher that he had! I was only his teacher for 3 yrs before I was released and so he finished his 4th year with another teacher. It really made me smile when he called! He leaves soon for the MTC and is going to Canada. He is an amazing young man with an awesome testimony and he will be a great missionary! He will also probably kill me for using this old picture from when he was a Freshman in HS!!!! And yes that is how I looked sometimes at 5:30 in the morning......but I was always there, always dressed (in a dress no less), and always had a great lesson ready to share! I love this young man and wish him only the very best.......I love watching all the amazing things and choices unfold with all of my seminary students that I love so very much!!!!



Speaking of which, one of my seminary students was my daughter Allison, whom just a month ago went to the Temple and took out her endowments and was sealed to her husband for time and all eternity! Double payday as a parent and a Seminary teacher.....

Honestly, that feels like 6 months ago with all that happened so quickly after that. So I'm happy to remember that it was just recently! Anyway, it was a great night. My dad and I went together to the temple and we enjoyed the time together!
CONGRATULATIONS SCOTT!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is great!! Good for you! And him!