Monday, October 26, 2009

My 1st bee sting.....

Saturday night while Aileen and I were the only people in the house something I hoped would never happen happened! I have always been deathly afraid of getting stung by a bee and have gone 50 yrs without that happening until tonight!

Alan was at the Stake Youth Dance up at our church representing the Bishopric, and my Dad was still in Dallas having worked at the Temple and then went to my sisters to have dinner and watch the BYU/TCU game (thats a sad story but TCU brought their A game and won) so Aileen and I were by ourselves when I saw a bee fly by. So I went to go get the wasp and bee spray so that I could stun it and then kill it and came back and looked everywhere for that little bugger! Couldn't see it so I laid down on my bed to finish watching the movie Aileen and I were watching and all of a sudden I feel a horrible stinging pain.....yes, that's right I had laid on the bee and it stung me and stung me good.


I could see in the mirror that the stinger was still in my arm in a location that I could only see and look at in the mirror and as long as the stinger was still in there it HURT!!!!! I tried calling Alan on his cell, but it was off. I called my Dad, but of course he is at least an hour away. My phone rings and its Pres. Willden to remind my Dad of a meeting for Sunday and I'm thinking in my head....should I bother him and Yensy? No, I say to myself, but I guess because I hesitated Pres. Willden is starting to say goodbye and then says "is there something we can help you with?" and so I say "Yes, I need help getting a stinger out of my arm" They come down with a magnifying glass and some anti-bee sting pads which numb me and make me feel a whole lot better faster....and pull out this long stinger! Crazy, I tell you that such a little thing can unnerve you so completely! I guess we know that I'm not allergic as long as it took me to take action on it.


Now, I tell you this was my first bee sting and that I am hugely afraid of being stung by anything and that is true....and it took 50 yrs to be stung by a bee....true as well....but 2 summers ago when Allison and I had been having a heated discussion about something I'm sure that it was not that important, but at the time seemed extremely important to me and that I felt she should have listened to me about...... I walked out the front door and slammed the door and was unaware that we had a wasps nest attached to the garage until my slamming the door brought them all out angrily and swarmed me and I had several sting me and I think one stung me several times as I frantically tried to swat them all away and get away from them. I think I was stung 5 or 6 times! Yes, I do not slam doors anymore.....I felt that I kind of learned my lesson about loosing my temper on that experience.


So, 48 yrs before I was stung by anything....and 50 yrs before being stung by a bee. I sincerely hope that is all for me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahw! you poor thing! i have never been stung by a bee, and let's just hope it stays that way. cause i run when i see bee's! i'm so scared of them! lol :-D

Ashley said...

oh man! Luckily it doesn't happen too often! I am terrified of being stung after I got stung about ten times in and under my right eye when I was little. I also got stung in the webbing around my thumb/palm a few years ago and I whined for hours!!