Friday, October 16, 2009

RS Conference Scholars......

Last night we had our RS Conference Scholars get together! It was a wonderful evening and I really enjoyed getting to be there again!!! The last few I have not been able to go to because one time Alan had Stake Bishopric training that he needed to attend and I think the others were because even though I told him I had a RS meeting I needed/wanted to go to he forgot and scheduled home teaching or visits to ward members homes to make callings to people etc... which in turn made it so I was not able to go because I needed to watch Aileen.

It was wonderful to discuss our notes, first impressions, speakers that stood out to us before we even get the Ensign, with women who are spiritual giants and who are all women I look up to. I felt like I had come home. Sometimes you don't know how much you have missed getting to do something until you get to come back to it after an absence....then you really do remember how much you need it and love it!

Funny, how now that this is my calling, when I mention to Alan that I need to go....he remembers! (love you Alan!)

It was a good night and I am once again motivated by these conference talks to try and be a better person as our Savior and our Heavenly Father expect us to do!

There will be follow-up Conference Scholar nights where we will talk about certain days or sessions of the conference even the Priesthood session and I look forward to these discussions!

It was a very good night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is wonderful! The wards I have been in have never done anything like that.