Sunday, October 4, 2009

Conference and My Little Pony....

General Conference this weekend was amazing! I loved every session that I was able to see and felt the spirit so many times bear witness to me the truthfulness of what they spoke and I felt the spirit inspire me to go and be a better person! Can't wait for the Ensign to come out so that I read and highlight! I love highlighting conference talks....there were some great phrases that I will want to highlight and remember.

We have a cute little family in our Ward that have 3 girls. There mother always has them dressed alike and their hair all fixed so cute and Alan I both look at their sweet family and remember when we had 3 little girls just like that. So Alan already had a heart string that got pulled every time he saw those girls.....but just recently he went to their home to visit and issue a call to one of the parents and when he got there their oldest girl opened the door and said "Well, Bro. Brown come on in" which Bro. Brown thought was incredibly cute and he visited with the family and then left. Every Sunday this sweet girl of theirs makes a point of saying "Hi" to Bro. Brown. One day the mother was walking by her room and noticed that she was playing my little ponies and was calling one of them Bro. Brown. She asked if she had heard correctly...and her daughter said, "yes, this white haired little pony is named Bro. Brown"! Well Alan loved this story and said, "I'm honored and tell her that having had 3 girls I definitely appreciate and know how to play My Little Ponies"!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahaha! That is the cutest thing ever!!!

Anne Marie's Blog said...

That is sooo cute!

Zepp Family said...

I'm glad you are all good sports when it comes to humoring and being kind to a creative and friendly four year old!

I promise we will work on all her pointing and waving to Brother Brown during sacrament meeting while he is on the stand!

Madalyn got a kick out seeing herself on your blog!

We love your family!