Sunday, May 2, 2010

Friday is Date Night!!!!

O.k., I know we are all supposed to have date nights! And We do go out with family and friends out to dinner and other activities, but usually it is always with Aileen! Not, that we mind Aileen always being with us, because, actually we really enjoy it.....but when a Young Woman from your Ward calls and says, "I'm working on one of my Personal Progress Goals and I need more service hours - Can you and Brother Brown go out on a Date on Friday night and stay out until late so I really can get those hours?" What else can you do but be magnanimous and say "Sure, I guess we could do that". It caught me so off guard, that I did say it in a tentative way. But as the week went on, the more excited I got and then I was finally able to express to this sweet Young Woman, what a special thing this was that she was doing for us!



We went out to eat with Barbara and my Dad. This was my Dad's first outing to a restaurant or anything like that since his surgery! We went to a Chinese buffet place where there would be no waiting in line for him and to a place that sounded good to him....because as you can see in the picture, he has lost his appetite! So it was good to be with them in a fun social atmosphere and see my Dad eat better than I have seen him do in a while!



Then They went home while Alan and I decided to hit a movie! Alan wanted to see "Date Night", which I thought was fitting and even though I had seen it with a friend, I hadn't seen it with him and it was much funnier with my husband beside me! We had a good time.


By then it was 11:00 pm or a little later, (our expected time of staying away) and so we went and picked up Aileen! Aileen of course had had a great time being with her friend and watching movies and being one of the girls!



It was a great time! Made me remember what it was like to go on a Date - I actually got all gussied up with make-up, hair and everything! And it was a special time to spend with my husband!

Thanks JS for making it possible! You are a gem! And Glad we could help you get your YW's goal!

2 comments:

Ramona Zabriskie said...

Lois! Your post has inspired me. Be sure to read Musings this week (probably Thursday night or Friday)...and blame yourself. :)

Zepp Family said...

This is great! We heard about this during our Personal Progress Moment in YW. Thank you for helping Jessie earn those hours she needed. She is a senior and the PP clock is ticking away!

There's nothing like date night with no caregiver fee involved!