Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Well, I'll be.... I am a good mother!

Really, the past few years this has been a wonderful surprise for me, that I love and adore Mother's Day! I must admit when I was younger, I believe mainly when I was working when my children were younger.....and then again just because they were teenagers! I almost dreaded Mother's day! Sometimes it was the most depressing day of the year for me! I would go to church or watch TV shows and listen to all the people talk about their amazing mothers etc...and I always felt that I fell short! I know that I am my own worst critic. But I know I was not the only one that felt that way, because before I knew why I was sad, I was talking to a friend saying "I don't know why I'm so sad today!" and that friend said, "I know why, Mother's Day is the most depressing day of the year!" We cannot have been the only two women in the world that felt that way!

After I was able to be a stay at home Mom that I had always dreamed of being, I noticed I didn't feel quite that sad about the Holiday, but still with Oprah, and Regis and Kellie etc... doing all these special shows about these amazing mothers I did sit and wonder what my children would and did think of me.....

After we became Empty-Nester's (2007), and have seen what amazing children Alan and I have turned out....I must say, I adore Mother's day, because guess what? To them I am amazing! And they are such great adults, how can I not be proud! So this past Sunday as I was reading my Mother's Day Book they all made for me and each person wrote what they loved about me (even my new amazing son!) I thought to myself......."Well, I'll be....I am a good Mother!" Who knew!

See slide show of the mother's day book they made for me below! John said that what he realized is that there are not enough pictures of him and me together! Isn't that cute!

No comments: