Thursday, October 14, 2010

A note from Mom Brown.......


10-2-10

Dear Alan & Lois,

As I listened to Elder Holland this morning, I realized I tell everyone I know, all about Aileen and the wonderful care her parents give to her but seldom tell the two of you how I feel.

You two have spent the last 25+ years, 24 hours a day taking care of Aileen's many needs. I have never heard either of you complain about the sleepless nights, any inconvenience, the hard physical work or the emotional challenges you face. Aileen is so well cared for - always neat and clean and happy.

I know our Heavenly Father knows of your constant service and blesses and sustains you during your special mission here and now. I only pray that you know how much I am aware of and deeply appreciate your special parenting gifts. We we came into this life we have no ideas what will be required of us. Perhaps in the pre-existence we knew - some day we will know and understand. Until then we live by Faith. You two have blessed my life - showing me how God intends us to care for one another, to love unconditionally and willingly bear one another's burdens.

You are always in my prayers and will always have my undying love and gratitude.

"The grand cycle with families is that they go on despite earthquakes, or tornadoes, or floods, or old age, or change and decay! As the hymn says, It all works out if we take care of each other."

God bless you both as you continue to serve him so well.

All my love, Mom

No comments: