Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Happy and Sad Halloween!



Happy Halloween! Aileen had so much fun handing out treats to the boys and girls that came to our door trick or treating tonight! It was really fun. Makes me look forward even more to being a Grandma! At church today Grandma Barbara offered a baggie of trick or treat candy to Aileen and boy she snarfed that right up! I keep thinking that she is too old to go trick or treating (25 almost 26)....but I think she must miss it on some level! So it was really cute to watch her be excited that Grandma Barbara gave her some candy!

The sad part of Halloween was that tonight the Texas Rangers lost game 4 of the World series! It was really painful to watch....but I have to hand it to the Giants pitcher, he was good. But now we are on the desperate side of things and really really really have to win tomorrow!!!



One fun thing about the World Series is --- my Dad has always loved baseball. It is the sport that he loved to play and so when the Rangers made it into the World Series, Barbara bought him a world series shirt that he has been wearing every day that the games have been played. And one of the men from work bought Dad a World Series program so that he can keep score because Dad loves keeping score. Kind of special for others to realize how exciting this is for my Dad and to make it a memorable experience for him.

And I know that he loved watching both the President Bushes (Father and Son) throw the 1st pitch tonight! I thought that was a awesome moment myself!

No comments: