Thursday, April 7, 2011

Conference Weekend and Birthday lunch!

My conference weekend started out so fun! One of my visiting sisters and awesome friend moved out of our Ward and while that makes me very sad, the good news is that she is not so far away that we cannot get together!!! Yipee!!! MaryAnn (my partner) and I were not able to celebrate Ashley's birthday before she moved so we got together at the Cheesecake Factory on Friday to celebrate!!! And boy was the food good and the company even better!!! Oh, how I love this girl! She very quickly came to feel like not only a friend but like one of my daughters and I treated her as such (she didn't seem to mind, you can always use more mom's!!!) it helped to fill a void in my life with my grown daughters living so far away. She really has blessed my life in so many ways!!! I will miss seeing her in church and being her Visiting Teacher, but the best part about VT, is it helps you to become lifelong friends and to change each others lives! I know that Ashley has changed mine forever! And since we are friends we will still be going to movies and lunches and keeping up with each others lives. We already have plans for a movie. We will just have to make sure we put in the extra effort to make time to keep in touch!!! Love you Ashley and can't wait for your new Ward to meet you and your awesome family!













Then Saturday and Sunday it was so wonderful to listen to all the Apostles and Prophet on General Conference and remember the important things of this life and what my ultimate goal is, i.e. to be an eternal family, to return to live with my Savior and Heavenly Father again, to repent of my sins, to listen to the Holy Ghost and receive personal revelation etc. All the talks were excellent and I took lots and lots of notes as always. And really enjoyed just staying in all weekend and getting spiritually rejuvenated again!

No comments: