Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Jelly watches....

I have no idea if that is what they are really called or not....but I love mine and have a couple of different colors of jelly (plastic rubbery) watches. At Thanksgiving time when Allison was here we went shopping and I got Allison a couple of colors and sent some back to Utah for Anne Marie. Well......after Allison and I went shopping we showed my sister, Elizabeth, the watches, which she had never seen, but loved and she said, "oh, you can buy me a purple one!" and then we all laughed because of course she was just kidding about me buying her one.....BUT, I put it in the back of my mind that when her birthday came around I was going to buy her one. I never talked about it, which I know is hard to believe, I just kept thinking how for her b-day I would surprise her with it.

On Elizabeth's way back from Houston, for work, we met in Arlington at "Rudys", who has great BBQ by the way, for dinner and so I could give her, her birthday present. She could not figure out what I was so excited about until she opened it and then she remembered and and she said....."I really do love this! Thank you!"


Because Elizabeth can pretty much buy what ever she wants (i.e. her new Harley Davidson) or needs it is hard to get her something that surprises her and that she really enjoys so it was a fun night for me!!!


Elizabeth is always the one "buying" and "doing" for everyone else. It was so nice to "buy" and "do" for her! It really is the simple things! Love you Elizabeth!

No comments: