Tuesday, April 26, 2011

New Bishopric in our Ward

Sunday, Alan was made the 1st Counselor to the Bishop, being released as the 2nd Counselor. And the new 2nd Counselor is David Ukle.

The funny thing is with it being Easter and all, and with just getting in to town that morning at 5:30 am from my trip to Utah, I totally forgot and went home after church. Alan called and said, "Where are you? Everyone is waiting to get set apart as the new Bishopric!"

Wow, talk about unbelievable. I asked Alan what I should do....do they do it without me.....do I make them wait longer until I can drive back etc...

Alan said that he really wanted me there (I really wanted to be there too!) so I grabbed Aileen and we headed back to the church as fast as I dare go!

When I pulled into the parking lot, Aileen looked at me like "Hey, what are we doing back here? I thought I was home for lunch!" but she was a good sport and so was the Stake President!!!

How embarrassing!

No comments: