Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Can you say....."Best Birthday Ever!!!" ?

My birthday this year was awesome!!! The Doctor that I work for and his wife always do something really nice for me (see post below). Some friends from church the Betts, brought me flowers (that really was a surprise). Also mentioned in an earlier post I was taken by Rebecca to see the movie "THOR" and anyone who knows me, knows I'm the movie queen....so nothing better than going to the movie!! I got a birthday card from my old boss at CFT, Karen Vanderwerken, that made me smile to be remembered!!! My very thoughtful mother-in-law, sent a beautiful card with money, thank you Mom and Jay!!! My Dad and Barbara gave me a card with money as well, so thoughtful. Of course both of these birthday cards had little to do with the money which was a nice gift and very much appreciated, but knowing how Mom spends hours reading cards to say just the right thing, and I'm not sure if my Dad did or Barbara did....but the sentiments of both cards meant the very most to me!!! When you are younger and hear people say that, you think, yeah right! But it really is true what the card said the personal notes inside was the best part of that gift!!!



My husband and Aileen, on Saturday, took me out for breakfast, my favorite meal to eat out! They got me a beautiful flower arrangement, for my home and for Sunday Lessons!!! Does my husband know me or what!! And spent the day running errands that I wanted to get done!

Sunday, my actual birthday, Anne Marie called, John texted me, and Allison called all to wish me a happy birthday!! Really made my day to hear from all of them!!! And my Sunday School lesson at church went well, can't ask for more than that!!

But the part that made it the "Best Birthday Ever" is that the Dallas Mavericks won the NBA National Title!! It was so exciting, and I was so noisy cheering the Mav's on!! It was AWESOME!!!

1 comment:

Ramona Zabriskie said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAREST!