Thursday, June 2, 2011

A month or so ago......

Because I didn't want to sound like I was tooting my own horn, I didn't tell about something I did to begin Gospel Doctrine class. But, because this is my personal history, that I turn into a journal at the end of each year I do want to document something I did that turned out pretty cool!

The lesson was on "Who is my neighbor" and how every person on the earth the Savior considers our neighbors. So to start the lesson off, I came in, after everyone was seated and ready to start class singing "Mr. Roger's Neighborhood" song "Won't You Be My Neighbor". I came in wearing a sweater to take off and hang up, I set up my table for class, and changed my shoes to slippers, all while singing "Won't You Be My Neighbor". When I pulled out the UGG's (slippers) to change into I will say that got the most chuckles but everyone was smiling the whole time. It was great fun and a fun way to start this particular lesson! I definitely got their attention!


Here is what one of my friends (Carol Malone) emailed me later that day:


"Lois, I can't think of anybody else who could have pulled off the "Mrs. Rogers" act like you did today! What a unique way to start a lesson about "Who Is My Neighbor?"! It was great. Carol"


I went to Mr Rogers Neighborhood website and downloaded the music and words

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so cool! What a gift you have.

Kim said...

O...I can really imagine this. Bet it was one that everyone in that class will remember.