Wednesday, June 29, 2011

They came, they visited, they left......

They, meaning Allison & John, one of my beautiful daughters and my favorite son-in-law! They were here for the weekend for a special occasion! Allison's friend from High School, Katie Butler, was getting married. Now, if you have read my blog at all you know that Katie is my daughter even if I didn't give birth to her and she has a perfectly wonderful mother, but we love her for so many reasons! Allison and Katie were tied at the hip through high school, she was an excellent friend, one that a mother could be pleased that their child had, and she loves Aileen. She has babysat Aileen for us for many years and has been a life saver after all my children but Aileen moved away!! Now that Katie is married and moving to San Diego while her husband is in the Marines, I don't know what we will do now! But that's not important now, what is important now is the Wedding and that I was able to spend time with two of my children that live far away!!

After I picked them up from the airport we had to hurry and get them ready for the Wedding Rehearsal dinner.

After the Rehearsal dinner, Allison was going to spend time with Katie, so John and Alan were able to go to a guys night out to the Movies and saw "Green Lantern" they said it was good but it needed more action......I think that is totally a guy thing!

Saturday morning after Katie and Allison got pedicures, we all went to Sundance Square, downtown Fort Worth, and went to Razoo's Restaurant so John could eat some good ole Alligator!! Aileen loved being with John and Allison and we all had fun eating out! I had never been to this restaurant, neither had Alan, but Allison who has been everywhere assured us that we would love it! And we did!

Took a driving tour of the Stockyards, ended at the famous "Billy Bob's", but couldn't talk them into going in and seeing the the famous mirror ball saddle or ride the mechanical bull!!! I told them it was just like what you see in the movies....but no go!!
John and Aileen waiting for the wedding to start.


Allison walking down the aisle

Allison as a bridesmaid



Allison and Katie!


Allison and John at the Reception


Dad and Aileen, she was so good!


I love this picture!


and this one...Katie and Aileen. So, funny, Allison was telling Aileen that she had to be careful of Katie's dress and Aileen looked at Allison like, this isn't my first wedding, you know! It was kind of funny! But Aileen was careful and posed so nicely for this picture.


Theatre friends from High School, Allison, Katie, Josemar, and Nicole.


After the wedding and reception, Aunt Elizabeth came over and we played canasta until 4:30 am Sunday Morning!!! Crazy right? But fun with lots of laughter!

Went to church, and I swear I cannot remember anything about my lesson on Sunday even though I know I stood up front and gave a lesson. I came home made Sunday dinner and Grandpa and Barbara came to see Allison and John and have dinner with us, which was very nice. Then it was off to the airport again so they could fly home!

Allison wanted her flowers to be put on Grandma Clay's grave!

It was an awesome visit, but entirely too quick

No comments: