Thursday, September 17, 2009

Andy, our Marine, goes back to California today!


My sister is taking Andy to the airport as we speak. He has to return to Camp Pendleton tomorrow! Elizabeth, Dad, Andy and myself met for Breakfast this morning so that Grandpa could give Andy a tour of the Place that Grandpa works at and so we could have one last time together! It was a nice way to say goodbye. After the first of the year he will be going to Afghanistan so that is worrisome, but we are all so proud of him and know that he will serve his country well.

Now I think the reality of what has taken place is starting to set in. I go downstairs all the time to tell Mom something and then look in her room and remember that she is no longer here. Ruth said that she wanted to call and tell mom something the other day, and then remembered that she couldn't. Dad came home exhausted Tuesday night and just went to bed, almost unheard of, so yes, it is finally sinking in to everyone what has happened!

Yesterday morning, I was crying and upset over things that probably weren't that tragic, but when Alan said, "honey whats wrong?" I gave him the list of silly things and then said, "and my Mother just died". To which he came in and hugged me and tried to help set the other things right as well.

My only worry is if my Dad will let me take care of him and let me be the kind of daughter I would like to be for him right now!

No comments: