Monday, September 28, 2009

A New Calling....


Sarah Anderson, Bessie Treber, Lois Brown & Morgan Wurz

Sunday, I was set apart in a new calling as 2nd Counselor in our Ward Relief Society Presidency! I am excited to be in Relief Society again, but a lot has changed since I was in a RS presidency before....they use to call me the Homemaking Counselor when I was in before....and since our General RS broadcast last night I'm not sure what I'm called now...before last night I would have said the Enrichment Counselor.....maybe since everything is called RS Meetings now, I will just be 2nd Counselor....that simplifies doesn't it! lol!

I am very excited to be serving with our President, Sis. Bessie Treber, and Sis. Sarah Anderson, 1st counselor, and our Secretary Morgan Wurz! These are all women that I look up to and try to pattern my life and service after, so it is humbling and very awe inspiring to be working with them now. I do know that we have big shoes to try and fill as our out going R.S. President and presidency was amazing and they brought joy, laughter, and spirituality to our R.S. meetings!

It's been so long since I have been in R.S. I will have to learn how everything works again, but look forward to the challenge and will do my very best to serve the sisters in our Ward the way my Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ would have me do!

I love all of the sisters in my ward without reservation, they are amazing Christlike women....who just very recently helped me through a wedding and a funeral all in matter of 2 or 3 weeks! I loved them unconditionally before all this happened....but grew to appreciate and love them in a deeper more spiritual way...... a feeling that these truly are my sisters and we are truly daughters or our Heavenly Father, who loves each of us and that we are on this earth to help each other, love each other and serve each other until we can go home to him again. I thought I already knew this and I probably did to some degree......but didn't truly know until these past few weeks!

The General RS Broadcast Saturday was amazing and I learned a great deal from it. I probably listened in a different way then usual because of knowing I was about to receive this calling.....I loved all the references to that fact that RS is a "Faith-based" work. And that RS legacy is passed form heart to heart. I would like to say to K our outgoing RS President, you have passed on your RS legacy to my heart and I will try my very best to live up to it and pass it on to others hearts.

Here is a picture at Saturday night's dinner with some of our RS Ward sisters sitting at my table before the broadcast!



5 comments:

Kim said...

Congrats on your new calling. I still need to listen to (or watch) conference. It was the first one I have missed in many years.

newsinaminute said...

I think you would be so awesome in that particular calling --you are a people person..enjoy0Lynda

Zepp Family said...

You will be one heck of an awesome addition to the RS!

On a side note I thought it was hilarious that Madalyn has changed the name of her "white" haired My Little Pony to "Brother Brown." I told you she was a fan!

Anne Marie's Blog said...

Congrats Mom!

Cathy said...

Congratulations on your new calling! Relief Society is about compassionate service and your Mom helped a lot of people. She will be a loving example for you to follow. And then you'll carry the legacy forward for your daughters. Enjoy!