Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Nephew's 8th birthday!

This past weekend we celebrated my nephew T's 8th birthday! We went to Plano and watched him play in one his basketball games...which he is always the star of.... then he wanted to go to Genghis grill to eat dinner afterwards, which I had never been to and thoroughly enjoyed. We then went to my brother's home to have cake and ice cream! The cake T picked out this year was a hamburger cake. It was about the cutest cake I have seen in a long while and tasted fabulous as well! It even had french fries beside it.....it was great. The fun part for me was watching my brother George coaching T's game and his interaction with his boys! He is such a good Dad!

Another thing that happened this weekend is that my niece, V, who is now a Young Single Adult and in college came back to Ft. Worth, this weekend for a YSA Conference, where President Uchtdorf was going to be a speaker. She was so excited because not only was the conference awesome and she loved every moment of it...but she got to shake President Uchtcdorf's hand and get a hug from his wife! But I think she would agree that the hug she got from Grandpa was every bit as good.



It was a good weekend!

1 comment:

Cheree said...

That is a pretty cool cake! Looks like lots of fun!