Friday, February 26, 2010

Ashley's Birthday and Visiting Teaching combined!

I am so lucky that the women I visit teach for my church are also my dearest friends! So we always like to go to lunch or to the movie, or have a movie night at someones home etc... while we do our visiting teaching as well! It tends to be my social activity for the month throughout the month! Today we had lunch with Ashley and Becky because it is Ashley's birthday! We had so much fun and I had a ball picking out a gift for Ashley! My oldest who is 30, always tells me that when shopping to ask a young sales clerk if what I am buying is old lady-ish! ha-ha! So I decided that would be a wise practice for today as well. So when I was at Macy's I asked the young stylish sales clerk if what I was buying was something that a very stylish "put together" young woman in her late 20's/early 30's would wear....to which I was told "No"! so good thing I asked. Then she showed me some other options and right before she was going to ring me up I told her that I had been looking at these really large bracelets and was thinking about getting one of those with a necklace to match and she said...."Well, there is this really awesome bracelet.....and she showed it to me and I knew immediately that it was Ashley's! It is made out of zippers into a flower on a silvery wiry bracelet and it was sooooo cute I knew my daughters would have loved it and then she showed me the multi-zippered necklace to go with it and she had me SOLD! And then I saw it on a mannequin and it was so cute I was thrilled with my decision! And hooray! Ashley did indeed love it! In fact she had been looking at some shoes with the very same zipper flower on them in a catalog! I was thrilled! So here is a picture of our lunch out..... and the jewelry! It's been a great day!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Thanks so much for my awesome jewelry and for a fun lunch! Thanks for holding Cam so I could eat too! You're a sweet friend! Love ya to bits!