Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Winter Olympics

I have to say I believe that the winter Olympics are my favorite to watch! This Olympics seem to be really exciting with the US winning a lot of metals and a lot of metals that we haven't won for a long time in many events. And for some they are winning metals their first time at the Olympics. I have particularly loved watching the ice dancing! These games have been very inspiring and in fact Alan and I have watched many of the Winter events and thought.....that is really a great lesson for life in general...like when Apolo Ohno was really in place to win the Gold in the short track race the other night, got bumped and ended up in last.....and instead of giving up he just worked harder and even though there was not very much of the race left, and he had lost all his speed and had to really go after it to get his speed back up.....he passed the skaters in front of him to get the bronze, when most people would have probably figured they were out and given up! I just love these kind of stories that are great examples or enduring to the end. I think it must be the teacher in me. I always seem to see something and turn it into a teaching moment! I bet I drive people crazy around me! ha-ha! But I'm lovin watching the Olympics with my honey!

3 comments:

monika said...

Enormous body fitness and skill is required to perform. It looks romantic also. I never miss this event in Satellite TV .

Kim said...

I haven't watched much of the Olympics but I loved your analogy of enduring to the end. I hadn't heard about Ohno's amazing bronze medal race.

Cathy said...

I missed that story about Ohno. It's perfect to add to my lesson tonight - about perfecting our talents. Thanks!