Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Luncheon girls!

I am the 2nd Counselor in our Ward's Relief Society Presidency so that means I am over the RS weekday meetings (formerly Enrichment meetings, formerly Homemaking meetings) and my Homemaking Leader and our committee have been trying to come up with different types of activities for all different age groups! So we decided to start a lunch group of shall we say "women who have experienced much of life" which I now find myself part of that age group. We had our first lunch today at the Botanical Gardens Restaurant which was lovely by the way and we had 14 sisters come! I was thrilled and I know that when I report back to my committee they will be ecstatic as well. Everyone visited and we got to get to know each other on a more personal level as you really don't get to socialize at church. Everyone voted to have this be a continuing group that we plan for at least once a month and the hope is to also go to the Temple and lunch together, the art museums and lunch together, etc.

Also as a report back on the Mini Journal class we had last week (I posted about these journals several weeks ago)! A whole different group of sisters came to that - a younger group and once again everyone had fun talking, laughing and visiting as we made these useful little tools for recognizing the Spirit/blessings/answer to prayer in your life! I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of that group..... I could almost kick myself! I'm trying to figure out how to get them all together again to get a picture. But I think I missed my opportunity. But we had an awesome time and every one's journals turned out so different but amazing reflecting each sisters personality. They gave me new ideas for making mine better!

Then at the end of January we had a class called "The Art of Couponing" and we had a huge turnout for that (some people left the room when I started taking pictures lol!). We learned how to get the companies to pay us money to take their products out of the store! Amazing! And it has been extremely cool to hear every one's success stories and excitement in getting organized from this class! We are going to have a couple of follow-up classes on this subject! whoohoo!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Nice ideas for weekly groups.