Friday, February 12, 2010

Toto, We're not in Texas anymore......



This is what 8 inches of snow in Texas looks like! Really, weather like this is almost unheard of. We had snow for Christmas Day (1st time in 80 yrs to have snow on Christmas day) but nothing like this. It sure is pretty though, and Alan and I have lived so long in places like Atlanta, and Fort Worth that don't really get snow.....that this is kind of fun! The only bad thing about places like Atlanta and Fort Worth getting a lot of snow is that because they don't usually get weather like this there are always road and power issues to worry about. But Aileen's school closed early yesterday and is not open today. Alan's bldg. doesn't have power so he is home. And my Doctors office had already decided yesterday they weren't going to open today. So we are all home and comfy cozy and its kind of fun!!!! Oh, how I love snow days, even if it has been years since we've had a snow day! Reminds me of when we lived in Kansas and Utah!
My Nephews playing in the snow!
My sister-in-law Amber always takes such awesome pictures!

No comments: