Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Missing Mom.....

This last week I was really missing my mother. Then, I remembered a blessing that Alan gave to me after the funeral when I was having a really hard time. He said something to the effect of "and when you feel the time is right you will scrapbook about your mother and the funeral and those memories will give you comfort". I know at the time I thought....."Scrapbook about the funeral....you've got to be kidding!" But, this last week when I was sad and missing her, I sat down every night after work and created this book and I love how it turned out and it did indeed make me feel better. I made it for my Dad for Valentines Day! But I ordered one for myself as well and will eventually order one for my girls so that they will have this history of their Grandma!

It is very humbling to once again realize that I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father and that he loves me, that he knows me, that he knows what would bring me comfort even back in September.

I am also thankful for a worthy Priesthood holder for a husband that can give me those words of comfort in a blessing!

I hope you enjoy looking at the book!

No comments: