Sunday, September 16, 2012

9/11 - remembering

I know 9/11 was last Tuesday, but I needed to post about it.
 
Photo: Remember 9/11
I remember 9/11 so well and still find it hard to remember it actually happened.  But I know it did.  It was during the time that I was a stay at home mom, so I was doing my usual straighten the house from everyone going off to work and school while I watched "Good Morning America" and they broke into whatever programming they were planning on having next to say that apparently a pilot had mistakenly flown into the World Trade Center, because of course no one could have even imagined that someone would do it on purpose.....and while they were talking we see a 2nd plane come flying into the picture and hitting the 2nd Tower of the World Trade Center....then we knew it was on purpose.

I remember being glued to the TV as we learned and watched scenes from the crash into the pentagon and then later the brave men who stopped the plane that was headed to the capitol or maybe even the White House with the plane crashing in Pennsylvania.

Who can forget the people running out of the building covered with white concrete dust, or people jumping out of the windows because of the burning building.  I watched in Shocked horror as the first tower collapsed and then the 2nd and oh, my gosh we lost so many of our brave firemen, policemen, and emergency workers.

And it would be a tragedy if we ever forgot all those who gave their lives on that day!!

I know you can't believe everything you read on FB or other Internet pages, but someone posted that they were an elementary school teacher and on 9/11 asked if her students remember what happened on that day, and they didn't remember even though it had happened in their lifetime.  But they knew all about the Titanic.  I hope this was a hoax, but it still made me sad and made me want to post something about this historic tragedy that happened on American ground, and kind of made us realize that we were not safe from Terrorist.

And with this election coming up for President, I hope that we will all be prayerful and vote for someone that will stand up for America and not Apologize.  And fight for our freedoms if need be.  Because those freedoms and liberties are what makes America so great!!

And if you've read my profile you know I'm Republican, so of course to me that person would be Mitt Romney.  We are worse off now then we were 4 yrs ago.  We cannot afford another 4 yrs of Obama.  But I really didn't intend for this to be a political statement.  But I pray that everyone can see that we cannot have Obama for president any longer and have our Country be the Country it is suppose to be.  I would hate to see how Obama would have handled 9/11.  And I am so grateful that Pres. Bush kept his promise to those who risked their lives for our freedoms and in fighting terrorism.  I pray we never see another 9/11 in this country.  And may we never forget those who died on that dreadful day!

No comments: