Thursday, September 13, 2012

Just a little update.....

I've been waiting on some pictures to be sent to me because I forgot my camera.....I really do think I'm getting old, but I didn't have my camera so someone else took pictures for me and I am patiently waiting for them to be emailed to me so I can post about our family get together for Labor Day.  Labor Day marked 3 yrs of my mother's passing, so it was important for our family to be all together and it was great!  But I will post about that later.

Meantime, we found out that Allison is having a girl!  We are so excited about that.  Both Alan and John had a dream that it was a girl and Allison kind of wanted a boy, but felt it was a girl, so we were not too surprised, but still so very excited!! 

 
Last week Allison was dog sitting for my sister while her and her husband went out of town, so Wednesday Aileen and I went up after I got off of work at 12:30 to be with her.  We watched movies, chatted about babies, etc... and ordered take-out until late at night then we headed home.  But it was fun to have a girls afternoon together!!

Then Saturday, we went back to my sister's house where John and Allison were still staying because of dog sitting and watched the BYU game together, Allison and I went shopping at the mall, and we played cards till late evening......last time Alan and Allison beat John and I, but this time it was John and I who kicked butt and took names on our way to glory!!  It was a fun time as always to be with our kids!!

I did get to talk to Anne Marie several times and that did make up a little bit for her not being close by..... a very little bit, but it helped!! We miss you Anne Marie can't wait for the holidays to see you again!!

I was given a book for my Birthday called "Divergent" its the new young adult dystopian thriller that has kind of become the new "Hunger Games" as far as popularity and just recently it was announced the movie release date of this book of March 2014.  It's a trilogy and I read through the first one so fast I had to get the 2nd one right away....thankfully it was out....."Insurgent" and I read that in 2 days and thought I only had to wait until November of this year to get the 3rd one......WRONG, I have to wait until November of 2013!!  What's up with that!!  I'm dying!! Oh, well.  I have passed on the books to John and Allison because they enjoyed "Hunger Games" so much I knew they would love these too!!


We have some, what I think could be, exciting news for Aileen.  I'm tentative about saying this because we have signed up for programs in the past, had Aileen's name come up for different benefits at different times only to be disappointed because they didn't really come through as promised, or they said every need that Aileen had wasn't covered!!  So, like I said, so far it seems that we might be on a new program that will give Aileen some benefits that will make Aileen's life better and fuller and help Alan and myself out as well!! So finger's crossed!  Next Thursday morning we have to go for a physc evaluation and do some other preliminary stuff at MHMR so I will keep you posted!!  It's benefits for people who keep their disabled children at home.  We've been on the waiting list for years and Aileen's name finally came up!!

Anyway....I'll update again when I have the pictures of the Labor Day Family get together!!

No comments: