Wednesday, January 27, 2010

FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!

If you love dogs more than anything else in the world, you might not want to read any further! I am so totally inexpressibly FRUSTRATED! I am not a dog (actually any kind of pet) lover. But I am not a dog hater either. I just figure that I have to clean up enough messes on a daily basis with a disabled child still in diapers at 24, that I do not need to be cleaning up after a dog. So we have never had one. My parents have 2 dogs and since we all live together I guess you could say we have 2 dogs as well. When my mother was alive there were still moments of frustration of having to take care of dogs when they aren't even my dogs, but hey, for your parents you will do just about anything, especially when they do so very much for you!!!! And I really don't mind dogs if the are house broken......but for some reason my parents dogs are not. So yes, that means cleaning up after dogs A LOT! When my Mom was alive and home....it wasn't too bad, but now everyone works and no one is home and now that my Dad is dating......he really is never home. Yesterday I came home to a dog that had been sick all day. I really didn't know where to begin. It was very overwhelming and selfishly I kind of felt like, "hey, they aren't my dogs why should I have to clean it up"! My dad didn't get home from problems at work and girlfriends etc....until very early in the morning at which time I was more than happy to find out how he wanted to handle it. So today after work and then Visiting Teaching, I came home and cleaned carpets in my Dad's room and his closet for 3 1/2 hours. And I'm sorry but those dogs have been outside all day and will not be coming in anytime soon. (I'm sure everyone is saying "oh, those poor dogs", don't worry I'm not really that heartless) So my frustration is, I feel guilty for feeling this way. And yet I feel a little justified. But then I feel guilty again. Kind of like this is such a small price to pay for helping my Dad when he always does so much for our whole family. But there are plenty of dog lovers in my family.....why don't some of them come and get them? My Dad has already been saying that he doesn't have time to take care of the dogs he is going to have to give them up.......so do it all ready. No one is ever home! See there it is again.......the guilt. I'm Frustrated!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That would be so frustrating. We are not really dog lovers. I am sorry you had to clean carpet!! It feels good to let it all out on the blog I am sure!

Kim said...

I am a dog lover and I have an old dog. He took quite a bit to train (luckily I didn't have to do it...that's what kids are for) and has been an indoor dog (he is a pointer / lab mix so a big indoor dog) forever. He is 13 now and just this past fall has started having bowel accidents in the house. I think that we have that fixed now but let me tell you that was VERY unpleasant and my son for the first time started closing his door so that he wouldn't poop on his bed. We have a pet door that we installed this past summer (yes we waited 12 years...stupidest idea ever) and I love it BUT sometimes Buzz forgets that there is a flap in the door and will bark to come in or out anyway...kinda funny. I can sympathize with you and if I was in your position I would get rid of the dogs. Good luck.