Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Dad is dating.....

Really weird phenomena to have your father dating. But he is and it is amazing and wonderful to see him so happy again! He told me that he has never been so happy except with my mother! So yes you guessed it he's not just dating, he's in love. She is an amazing and lovely person who I have known and loved for many years, so it is kind of nice to see her happy with my father as well, and yet once again strange. Sometimes I look at them and say, of course it's perfect. And then sometimes I look at Barb and want to say "Really? My dad?". Funny the thoughts you get sometimes. Interestingly enough Barbara has been apart of our families life in different ways for several years so my Children say....it makes sense and feels like she definitely belongs! I have had several times since my mother died that I would see Barbara and the thought would come to me that it would be great if Barbara and my Dad started dating....of which I mentioned nothing to my father. So I think my Heavenly Father and maybe even my Mom were preparing me for this so that it would not be so shocking! Ohhh to be 69 and in love again (yes, that is my dad!).

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness, I thought my eyes were deceiving me! I am happy for them!