Friday, January 8, 2010

It's finished....

Well, I finally finished Allison's new Christmas Sock! I know I'm a little behind, but I didn't decide to make her a new one until the week of Christmas. I wanted to make her a new one so it was a little more grown up and more like her husband John's (I made his for Christmas because it's a tradition). My Grandmother Clay made all of her Children, their spouses, and all of her 58 Grandchildren sequined Christmas Socks. When her grandchildren started getting married and having Great-grandchildren, she told us either our mothers or ourselves would have to make them to match! So when I got married and had our first baby I was very excited to make Alan and Anne Marie a Christmas sock with sequins that you buy in a package with the pattern all printed for you (I always add more sequins, its more festive that way). They turned out great and I was excited to carry on this tradition. When our second baby came and needed a Christmas sock we were living in Utah and I went to my grandmother's home and borrowed one of her patterns that she had made because she started designing her own patterns from coloring books etc..... So that is how Aileen's came to be. So when Allison was born, I thought I would try to make my own pattern. Well, I never have liked it. I always felt like Allison got the short end of the stick on Christmas socks. But when I saw hers hanging next to John's I knew it was time to make a better sock for my youngest! So this is hers that I just finished and I am going to ship it off to her. I forgot to take a picture of John's before they left town, so I have asked Allison to take a picture and email it to me......but so far, no luck! Maybe she will see this post and feel motivated to send a jpeg of John's Christmas sock, lol! I really love traditions!




I found this picture, it shows Allison's old one and how it doesn't really fit with the others. You can't see the details very well of John's but you can see that now John's and Allison's will go together! Yay!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Love the stockings (both old and new).