Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 2 - of the Giving Challenge

As mentioned in previous post MaryAnn Stephens and I (And her husband) took the sandwiches to the Salvation Army this morning - 5 packing boxes full of sandwiches - that's a lot of sandwiches! We were also glad because of the part of town we were in that MaryAnn's husband came with us.....that was very nice indeed!

But I wanted to try to do something more and something for my husband...but at every turn I felt thwarted. So in spite of my big plans to really do something for my husband that I thought he would really appreciate and alleviate his mind some...... I ended up just bringing in the garbage cans for him from the street.

Funny thing is......you would have thought I did all those other things I tried to do but couldn't as appreciative as he was that I did this small thing!!!! It really doesn't take doing big grandiose things to help someone and to show them that you love them........

We always know this in the back of our minds, but good to be reminded from time to time!

No comments: