Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Hunger Games

Oh my goodness! Everyone has talked and talked about how good they were and I do trust these people when they tell me something is good that it is going to be good....but I was never so stressed out in my life reading a series of books!

I was almost tempted to read the end 1st so I could quit stressing...but I hung in there and didn't and I'm sure it was much more exciting because I didn't....but it was a close thing!

Just curious! Did you like the ending of book 3? Book 1 and 2 had me on the edge of my seat until I could get to the next one.

Book 3, I thought our girl should have realized a lot sooner that Peeta was the one she really loved and helped him through his trauma sooner! Gale I know she was confused about, but she was never 1st with him it was always the cause first. I did really like how the author had her realize that she already had enough fire in her life, that she needed the steady love of Peeta, but once again, I just wish she would have realized it sooner. I did really like the surprise of who she killed at the very end!!! Very appropriate......so do you think she voted for the hunger games just so she wouldn't be kept from being able to shoot the arrow that was supposedly for Pres. Snow......yeah that other leader was going to be just the same as what they were trying to get away from.....it seems at the very end of the book that they really were going to have more freedoms now.

As you can see I have a lot of questions to discuss with people about these awesome books!!!

Loved them! Read all 3 in 3 days!

1 comment:

Zepp Family said...

OK, you talked me into it...I have been hearing lots of great things about these books too, and now I am just going to have to give them a whirl!

Great job with your "days of giving." So cool and inspiring.

In answer to your question about where we are living...we are in Southeast Wichita, just bordering Andover. Our church building is in Derby and we are in the Derby stake. We are really liking it here. Very family friendly atmosphere. Do miss the 3rd ward though ):