Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 9 - Giving Challenge

My youngest brother has had a very hard year in that his marriage ended and is now a divorced single parent. I have never seen anyone work so hard to keep his marriage together, but you can't save your marriage when one has no desire what so ever to even try. George has custody of the boys and is really feeling overwhelmed of the responsibility with no break or help from his ex-wife. So I offered to once a month take the boys for a weekend if that would help him and I promised that we would make sure they got to all their basketball games or practices or whatever they have going on and that is kind of a big deal because they live in Plano! So this week my brother called and took me up on my offer to watch Tytan my 9 yr old nephew and get him to Frisco at 7:00 at night to his basketball game!

So While Elizabeth and I were out on Friday we met George halfway and got Tytan home to my house to spend the night and spend time with Uncle Alan while Elizabeth and I went to the movie!

He was so cute! He loved that we had a guest room for him and he made himself right at home. Saturday we went to McDonalds for breakfast and then later that morning went bowling. Bowling is his new favorite thing to do! While there of course we have to hit the arcade and I have never seen such a lucky kid! Every arcade has the game that has a claw that you try to reach down and pick up a toy.....but it almost always drops and you never win! But Tytan won 6 basketballs out of that game...everybody at the bowling alley could not believe it. It was too fun to watch him just keep winning! He also shot baskets and played a couple of other games.




Bowling was fun to watch him do! He is very competitive and so really wants to do well. It was cute to cheer him on and then really fun to get to high five him as he got strikes and spares!



Then we drove to Frisco and watched his basketball team win 30 - 4! Tytan is very talented in Basketball so its always fun to cheer him on and watch him make the baskets! Then George picked him up from there and we headed home to Ft. Worth.

So even though this was my gift to my brother, it was definitely 2-fold in that I also got to spend time and give to my nephew! It was a two for 1 kind of thing! AWESOME! Nothin' better.

1 comment:

Cheree said...

That sounds like a WONDERFUL weekend!! :)