Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 8 - Giving Challenge

Friday, I asked my sister if she would like to go to the movie with me and to dinner etc.... my treat. She was surprised and said "I can pay for my own" to which I said I know you can, but I would like to do something special for you! So she came down to Ft. Worth (which was very kind of her part) from Rowlett and since it was our families night to feed the missionaries, went out to dinner with me and the rest of the family with the missionaries. Then we headed to the movie with no idea which one we were going to see. We went to The Parks Mall in Arlington and asked what all the movies were about since we had no idea what was playing......I will say the ticket gal was very patient with us and did tell us all about them. Elizabeth picked "Easy A" which I was a little sceptical about, but turned out to be funny and actually had a good message about not judging people. So it was a very fun evening, with lots of laughter, sister sharing, and good memories! And only because she kept asking why it was so important for me to do this for her.....I told her about the giving challenge!

I also put flowers on my mother's grave, since it has been a year ago Labor Day that she passed away! On Labor day I was going to get there and do something to commemorate it.....but got home too late from Cowboy Stadium and the football game and it has been weighing heavy on my mind about doing something for my mom! So, on the eighth day of giving I gave flowers to my mother! Of course my father already had his there, but I loved adding mine!
mine are on the left.

No comments: