Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day 5 - Giving Challenge

Alan's father died when I was pregnant with Aileen who is now 25 and my Mother-in-law was a widow for 17 yrs until she met a wonderful man who had just lost his wife to cancer! They have been married for 8 yrs and he celebrated his 80th Birthday in May. In March/April we were asked to send letters to tell Jay how much we appreciated him. My father was in the hospital having heart attacks and open-heart surgery plus then weeks of recovery and I have to tell you it completely slipped my mind! While out at Education Week and visiting Mom and Jay I saw the book they made for him of his letters that everyone wrote for his birthday party. I remember the feeling of "oh, no!!!! I forgot!!!" of course being the amazing person that he is both he and Mom said that they knew I had a lot going on and all....but still....

So for my 5th day of giving,

I have written a letter to this wonderful "other" Father and told him what he has meant to me and my family and sent a picture of he and Mom at Allison's Wedding!

I really loved giving this! Is this cheating? I hope not.
I know I'm behind recording what I have done, but I will get you caught up.....more to come.....

1 comment:

Kim said...

I think that is a wonderful gift and not cheating. I'm sure they really appreciated it. I would have a VERY hard time thinking of things to give.