Sunday, November 7, 2010

Before.....

This is going to be a two part post.......because for the first time in a very long time I had a day of shopping with a girlfriend! And it was so much fun. I had forgotten how fun it is to go and try on clothes together and show each other the dresses you are trying on etc... laugh at the ugly ones and ohhh and ahhh at the ones that look good. Then get jewelry to match and then go to lunch to celebrate your great finds!!!!! And we did find some great finds. My dress that I really like was 70% off and only cost $16.00. What is not to love about that! And blessing of blessings I found my shoes that I thought had accidentally been given to Good Will, as I have been cleaning out my house and trying to move in.

We have an Apostle coming to our Stake Conference in a couple of weeks (D. Todd Christofferson) and in preparation for that our Stake President asked that everyone get prepared by going to the Temple the weekend of Nov. 12th. Amazingly enough, since October's Ensign was about Temples and that was what the VT message was about my partner and I had already set up a time for all of us to go together to the Temple on Friday Nov. 12th.......which just happens to be when we are suppose to go.....that was really amazing to me that we already had this special trip set up.

So I asked my girlfriend to go shopping with me so we could find dresses to wear to the temple, like I said it has been a long time since I have bought anything for myself to wear. So off we went........

And then I see the picture and think---- it was way past time to see my hair dresser!!!!! Thank heavens I was already going on Saturday......so now that I have a new dress and hair that is not so long I can't do anything with it no matter how I try and no more gray roots (I really can't believe I looked so bad....why didn't anyone say anything????) I will take a picture today of the after and post it in my next post. So you can see that I clean up nicely!!!! lol!

But you can tell how much this day meant to me in my willingness to post this horrible picture of me.

Lois Before.......

Thanks Ashley for such a fun time and wonderful memories!

1 comment:

newsinaminute said...

very cute!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I love your posts and your deco for the holidays and just sharing in your thoughts and in your pics--tell your sweet husband happy birthday
lynda and bryan