Sunday, November 7, 2010

Gospel Doctrine Class

I have been sick for several days but just last night I started having trouble swallowing unless I am constantly drinking and sucking on a Hall's so I was concerned about my lesson today and our room is extremely hot but today it seemed extra hot and I felt a little shaky in speaking but as always the Lord helps me to be able to deliver the message even if it is not exactly the way I would hope.

I had a Brother in our ward download to a DVD a Mormon Message that I thought went perfect with my lesson today and had contemplated using another one instead of, or along with it, during the week as I was pondering my lesson - so I had him download both on the DVD. Unfortunately the one I really wanted to show today was not on the DVD first so I was going to have to fast forward at the start of class and pause it on the 2nd one until I was ready to show it.....but for some reason the DVD player at the church froze and would not forward or skip or open or close or anything except if I turned it off and then back on - then it would just play the 1st clip. My rule of thumb when teaching is if it takes too much time to get the technical stuff working you just move on and do without.

So I told the story and I felt the spirit in the Room as I shared it to the best of my remembrance but it is such an awesome clip I wanted to put it on my blog and hopefully some of my class members will see it anyway!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naqX9iYE0V0 (or watch above in my next post!)

No comments: