Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend day 1

Oh, I am so thankful for so many blessings. But really thankful in particular that John and Allison were able to be with us for Thanksgiving this year! Anne Marie did not have time off at the Hospital so could not come, but we are trying to get her here for Christmas!!! Tuesday night Their flight was to arrive at 10:40 pm and I got a call after John and Allison should have been in the air saying that their plane had been delayed arriving so that they could board and then head out for their destination and that there was a blizzard coming to Salt Lake and if they didn't get left by a certain time they would be stuck! so I (and they, I'm sure) prayed very hard that all would work out....and they did make it out just in the nick of time according to the captain. Then there was a delay in Denver as well, so they were finally here at 11:45 pm

Wednesday Alan & I had to work in the morning, but that was o.k., because the kids were able to sleep in and by the time we got home everyone was ready to go....


My sister, Elizabeth and.....


my nephew, Logan came to be with us so we all decided to go bowling!!


and Katie too! (our 4th daughter ;)

We had a great time --- Aileen beat everyone (of, course she had bumpers, but still!!!) the first game. And I can't remember who won the 2nd but it was probably a toss up of Elizabeth and John. I had a coupon for 6 bowlers for 2 hrs and popcorn and drinks for free....so when I bought the pizza and fries it was a really reasonable deal for all of us to have a GREAT time!!!


I forgot my camera. I know you who know me will find that very hard to believe. Luckily Elizabeth had her iPhone and took some pics and emailed them to me so we do have pictures of the afternoon of fun!

We went shopping for all the traditional Thanksgiving foods we needed to prepare (family favorites of 7-up salad, funeral potatoes, and butterscotch and chocolate Rice Krispie treats)

Then we played cards until 2:00 am......


at which time we thought it best to make the jello and Rice Krispie treats and decided the potatoes could wait until morning!



Awesome 1st day!!!

No comments: