Thursday, November 4, 2010

I'm really not bragging......o.k. maybe I am.......

But I love my fall decorations for Thanksgiving. I love my Halloween ones too but I made a lot of them when I was a lot younger and not as good at painting etc. as I became later on.....I did mention that I was the 2nd counselor (Homemaking Counselor) in RS before didn't I? Well, in that ward (Wichita 4th Ward in Wichita Kansas) the women were really into making wood decorations and they started a monthly group that got together and made some new project..... plus my sisters and sister-in-laws got together often and made things as well.....so I got pretty good at the painting thing....so most of what I am going to show you I have made and they have all been packed away just waiting to be used again. I know styles of decorations change and I could probably have some new "cooler" ones out....but I have missed my creations so much....that I just love showing them off once again!


The pumpkins I used for Halloween as well....that's what I really like about those is they can be used for both holidays!


The scare crows were bought cheap at after Halloween sales

I made one of these for my mother-in-law that year as well. She is always so hard to buy gifts for.

The blocks are year round that make all kinds of holiday sayings you may remember them from Halloween as well. The wheel barrow is all year round too....it has different shapes for each month of the year. Last month pumpkins this month leaves. My sister-in-law made me the scare crow seen here.

One of my favorite things I made in Kansas was this scare crow and I love how it makes the front of my house so festive!

Same flowers for Halloween, but add some little scare crows and a different table cloth and you are set for thanksgiving
very simple but adds a little sumthin' sumthin'
And this was my Mom's......
I'm also really excited because Allison and John will be here for Thanksgiving this year. This year is our year for Thanksgiving as Christmas was our holiday last year. I'm excited for Allison to get to see what John's family traditions are because I know that Alan and I have tried to have a mixture of both families traditions that we liked the best and came up with a few of our own...but it helps families to stay united even though far away to carry on the traditions that you grew up with!!!
I am also praying that this time when John comes to visit we will not have the curse that has followed us for whenever John comes to see us i.e. remember the bee's!!!! I just pray that this visit can be a nice normal visit---- but then we won't have all the funny stories to tell at parties!! And they have been bonding moments! But still.........normal would be nice!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel bad Allison and john aren't coming down for Christmas this year!! We are always opposite!!

Abby said...

I love the fall decorations! So awesome! I especially love the vinyl sign "never suppress a generous thought." I absolutely love that motto! How fun to have John and Allison visit for Thanksgiving; I'm sure it will be a great time!

Anne Marie's Blog said...

Awesome stuff Mom. :)